Cheesy Rice Balls Recipe (Arancini)
Children and adults love these cheesy rice balls. They are an Italian classic known as Arancini. These rice balls are such a treat fresh off the stove, stuffed with glorious gooey cheese.
Ingredients for Cheesy Rice Balls (Arancini):
2 Tbsp olive oil + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 med onion (about 1 cup), finely diced
1 cup ham, finely diced (about 3 oz)
2 cups medium grain rice
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
4 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 24 (1/2-inch) cubes
For Breading/ Frying:
1 cup Taste and Tastes All Purpose Seasoning Flour
3 large eggs, beaten with a fork
1 1/2 cups Bread crumbs
Oil for frying
1) Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp butter in a frying pan. When hot, stir in diced onion until soft and golden (4-5 min). Add finely diced ham and cook another 2 minutes or until meat is golden. Add rice and stir until coated with oil.
2) Stir in the peas in, then cover with a tight fitting lid and finish cooking (2 min). Rice should be soft and the liquid mostly absorbed. Spread rice mixture onto a large rimmed baking dish to cool.
3) Once rice is cooled, stir in1 cup parmesan cheese. Form rice balls using a heaping ice cream scoop for each. Stuff each rice ball with a cube of mozzarella cheese and form a tight ball with the rice mixture to enclose the cheese.
4) Set up 3 shallow bowls, the first one to have 1 cup Taste & Tastes all purpose seasoning flour, the second with 3 beaten eggs, the third with 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs. Dredge each rice ball in flour, shaking off the excess, then dip one-by-one in the beaten egg allowing excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Finally, roll the balls in breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
5) Add an inch of vegetable oil into a deep skillet or pot over medium heat (a pot is nice to reduce splatter). Once the oil is hot, add the breaded rice balls in batches without crowding the pot and cook about 3 minutes total per batch, turning to get all sides golden brown. Transfer to paper towels and serve warm
2汤匙 橄榄油 + 2汤匙 无盐奶油
1 个红葱头 ， 切碎
1杯 火腿 ， 切丁
1 杯 急冻青仁豆
1杯 巴美森 芝士
4oz 莫扎拉 芝士， 切成 1/2 -inch丁状
1 杯 Taste and Tastes All Purpose Seasoning Flour
3 粒鸡蛋 ， 打散
1 1/2 杯 面包糠
3）待饭凉后， 加入巴美森 芝士粉，混合均匀。 用雪糕勺把饭团变成圆形，每粒饭团都塞入一块莫扎拉 芝士，切记要搓紧。
4） 准备3个碗，分别装入 Taste & Tastes 炸粉， 鸡蛋， 和面包糠。 把每粒饭球裹上Taste & Tastes 炸粉，摇散多余的炸粉，再放入鸡蛋液中，最后裹上面包糠。